27 Aug Welcome Back
By Luke Leither
Welcome back to a new school year!
We in Creativity and Innovation Services are excited to see all the new and familiar faces on campus and in the library. This year we’re looking forward to exciting opportunities as we begin to explore new spaces in the library and what we’re able to do with them. Here are a few changes we’ve been working on:
- For those who don’t already know, the Marriott Library is developing a new space on level 2 we’re calling ProtoSpace. This will be the future home of Creativity and Innovation Services as well as Digital Matters. We will be bringing in new equipment, building classrooms, and providing excellent service all in one area. As of this writing, we’ve already transitioned our 3D printing and VR services in ProtoSpace with much more to come. Look for us just up the stairs from the West entrance of the library or use our floor map for reference.
- Come and Meet Us!
- Since we’ll eventually be permanently relocating into ProtoSpace, the Creativity and Innovation team has decided to gather there every Thursday and make ourselves at home. This is a great time for you to come and meet us and spend some time with our fantastic group. There’s no agenda, we’ll just be working and socializing every Thursday from 11am to 12pm.
- New Charge Bar
- Virtual Reality Classroom
- This Summer we built the library’s first Virtual Reality classroom in MLIB 1009. The room is dedicated to instruction and/or develops in VR. The project is headed up by Tony Sams and is an exciting opportunity to explore new uses of this technology. You and your class can reserve the room by contacting our scheduling team: https://lib.utah.edu/services/events-scheduling/
- The Blog
- The Creativity and Innovation team will be updating this blog regularly throughout the year with news about our services and technology. Check in with us regularly to see what we’re up to and where we’re going.
There’s much more to come and we’re embracing the changes and the opportunities they bring. We want you all to be part of what we’re doping and developing, so please feel welcome to write, call, or join us in ProtoSpace!
Luke Leither | Interim Head of Creativity & Innovation Services
Creativity & Innovation Services / Fine Arts & Architecture Library