31 Oct Dean’s Message, November 2018
We have exciting news! The U has launched the Imagine New Heights fundraising campaign. This $2 billion campaign will establish student scholarships and fellowships, support research and teaching, and provide other top priorities that will enable the U’s students, faculty, staff, and researchers to engage in innovative learning and teaching and pioneering research opportunities.
As the research and learning hub on campus, the Marriott Library plays a pivotal role in helping with these endeavors through providing software, databases, research and learning space, equipment, and countless other resources, as well as on-site expertise.
As the Marriott Library looks toward the future needs of our students, faculty, staff, and researchers, we are asking your help to support the following initiatives:
- Construction of an interdisciplinary digital productivity space: $6 million
- Creation of an endowment to acquire rare collections: $1.5 million
- Addition of an endowment providing equipment, facilities, updates, and other ongoing support for the library’s greatest needs: $1.5 million
- Programming support for Book Arts education and training
- Establishment of a fund for visiting scholars to engage in research and scholarship in the Marriott Library’s Special Collections
- Addition of student fellowships at the University Press
Thank you for your support over the years. We look forward to working with you to continue to be the place for “All U Need.”